ACR Training, part of the S.D.Walker Group

All about our company

Latest News

Refrigeration Engineer’s van explodes on Shropshire border road!

A Refrigeration engineer was injured when gas canisters in the back of his van exploded on the Shropshire border today. The fire completely destroyed the white van.

The A44 near Kington was closed after the explosion just after 7.30am and police said it was expected to be shut for some time.

Hereford and Worcester fire service said that the explosion was caused by a mixture of refrigeration gas and propane gas cylinders. Fire crews extinguished the blaze using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets

West Midlands Ambulance Service said the van was completely burnt out.

Spokesman, Murray MacGregor, said:

“We were called to reports of a small panel van carrying gas cylinders that had exploded.

“On arrival, ambulance staff found the van that had been completely burnt out.

“Thankfully the driver, a man in his 40s, had managed to get out of the vehicle before it was consumed by the fire.

“He was assessed and treated at the scene before being taken by land ambulance to Hereford County Hospital.”

The burned-out van. Photo: West Midland Ambulance Service

Original story by Sue Austin, Shropshire Star.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/south-shropshire/2019/07/17/road-closed-after-vehicle-explosion/

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *