Unlike the CITB F-Gas certificate which had a 5-year renewal requirement, City & Guilds F-Gas certification does not need to be renewed.
Who will benefit from this training?
The Construction Industry Training Board have announced that the will stop providing CITB F-Gas Certification training courses from 31st January 2016.
The aim of this unit is to provide the candidate with the knowledge and practical skills required to undertake leak checking, recovery, installation, service and maintenance of stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and heat-pump equipment that contains refrigerants which are classified as either fluorinated (F) gases or ozone-depleting substances (ODS) to meet Category I theoretical and practical requirements.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the application of practical skills to successfully fabricate and examine pipework, undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion, refrigerant charging, leak checking and record keeping, and recover refrigerants and oil and preparation for disposal.
Successful candidates will be qualified to undertake leak checking, recovery, installation, service and maintenance of equipment.
Practical learning outcomes for this unit include.
- Identify basic systems, terms, principles, units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
- Identify the causes and effects of global warming and climate change
- Identify the causes and effects of ozone depletion
- Identify stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat-pump system components, functions and leakage risk
- Identify the hazards and safe working practices for the installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Fabricate and examine pipework
- Undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion
- Undertake refrigerant charging, leak checking, and record keeping
- Undertake recovery of refrigerant and oil and prepare for disposal.
(Information Source, City & Guilds).
- Closed Book Multiple Choice Exam (40 questions) 80 mins
- Practical Assessment
SMALL CLASS SIZES
ACR Training only run small class sizes of up to 4 candidates to ensure that all candidates receive the attention that they require and in most cases, one to one training.
Due to this, places are limited and go quite quickly. Book your place now!