Who will benefit from this training?
Newcomers to the Industry, Apprentices, Career Changing & Up-Skilling Engineers and persons who wish to work within the Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Industry.
The course covers all practical and theoretical aspects to successfully complete the City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas & Ozone Depleting Substances Certification Course.
The aim of this unit is to provide the candidate with the knowledge and practical skills required to undertake leak checking, recovery, installation, service and maintenance of stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and heat-pump equipment that contains refrigerants which are classified as either fluorinated (F) gases or ozone-depleting substances (ODS) to meet Category I theoretical and practical requirements.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the application of practical skills to successfully fabricate and examine pipework, undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion, refrigerant charging, leak checking and record keeping, and recover refrigerants and oil and preparation for disposal.
Successful candidates will be qualified to undertake leak checking, recovery, installation, service and maintenance of equipment.
Practical learning outcomes for this unit include.
- Identify basic systems, terms, principles, units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
- Identify the causes and effects of global warming and climate change
- Identify the causes and effects of ozone depletion
- Identify stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat-pump system components, functions and leakage risk
- Identify the hazards and safe working practices for the installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Fabricate and examine pipework
- Undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion
- Undertake refrigerant charging, leak checking and record keeping
- Undertake recovery of refrigerant and oil and prepare for disposal.
(Information Source, City & Guilds).
- Closed Book Multiple Choice Exam (40 questions) 80 mins
- Practical Assessment
ACR Training only run small class sizes of up to 4 candidates to ensure that all candidates receive the attention that they require and in most cases, one to one training. Due to this, places are limited and go quite quickly. Book your place now!
Available Course Dates:
29th April – 2nd May 2019 – Fully Booked 7th – 11th May 2019 – Fully Booked 20th – 23rd May 2019 – Fully Booked
3rd – 6th June 2019
17th – 20th June 2019
1st – 4th July 2019
SMALL CLASS SIZES
ACR Training only run small class sizes of up to 4 candidates to ensure that all candidates receive the attention that they require and in most cases, one to one training.
Due to this, places are limited and go quite quickly. Book your place now!