CITY & GUILDS 6187-21 HYDROCARBON REFRIGERANTS
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING?
The 6187-21 Safe Handling of Hydrocarbon Refrigerants is a recognised City & Guilds qualification enabling holders of this qualification to work legally and safely on refrigeration systems containing Hydrocarbon refrigerants.
Candidates enrolling on this course must hold current City & Guilds 2079/11 F-Gas Certification or industry equivalent i.e. CITB J11
Candidates will be able to understand and apply hydrocarbons, RAC System installation, testing, and servicing and maintenance techniques.
There will be a two-part assessment by way of:
- Unit 6187-21-232 – Multiple-choice paper theory test consisting of 30 questions. 21 correctly answered questions are required to pass the theory test.
- Unit 6187-21-532 – Hands-on practical assessment.
Some of the tasks you will be assessed on:
- Risk Assessment
- List and Wear correct PPE
- List materials/tools required to complete tasks
- Cordon off safe area to work
- Eliminate sources of ignition within the safe working area
- Ensure adequate ventilation
- Monitor area for hydrocarbon leakage
- Calculate safe fill weight for recovered hydrocarbon
- Recover hydrocarbons
- Charge hydrocarbons
- Un-braze and re-braze hydrocarbons fitting
Full training is provided and is a one day course for up to a maximum of 4 candidates.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
- Candidates who are currently working with or are looking to work with air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems and heat pump systems containing Hydrocarbon Refrigerants.
- Candidates enrolling on this course must hold current City & Guilds 2079/11 F-Gas Certification or industry equivalent i.e. CITB J11
All costs include:
- City & Guilds enrollment & certification costs,
- All materials to complete the course.
Please feel free to get in touch by phone or through the contact form below. Your message will be sent directly to our staff who will answer as soon as they can.