WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING?
The 6187-21 Safe Handling of Hydrocarbon Refrigerants is a recognised City & Guilds qualification enabling holders of this qualification to work legally and safely on refrigeration systems containing Hydrocarbon refrigerants.
Candidates enrolling on this course must hold current City & Guilds 2079/11 F-Gas Certification or industry equivalent i.e. CITB J11
Candidates will be able to understand and apply hydrocarbons, RAC System installation, testing, and servicing and maintenance techniques.
There will be a two-part assessment by way of:
- Unit 6187-21-232 – Multiple-choice paper theory test consisting of 30 questions. 21 correctly answered questions are required to pass the theory test.
- Unit 6187-21-532 – Hands-on practical assessment.
Some of the tasks you will be assessed on:
- Risk Assessment
- List and Wear correct PPE
- List materials/tools required to complete tasks
- Cordon off safe area to work
- Eliminate sources of ignition within the safe working area
- Ensure adequate ventilation
- Monitor area for hydrocarbon leakage
- Calculate safe fill weight for recovered hydrocarbon
- Recover hydrocarbons
- Charge hydrocarbons
- Un-braze and re-braze hydrocarbons fitting
Full training is provided and is a one day course for up to a maximum of 4 candidates.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
- Candidates who are currently working with or are looking to work with air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems and heat pump systems containing Hydrocarbon Refrigerants.
- Candidates enrolling on this course must hold current City & Guilds 2079/11 F-Gas Certification or industry equivalent i.e. CITB J11
All costs include:
- City & Guilds enrollment & certification costs,
- All materials to complete the course.