The 6187-21 Safe Handling of Hydrocarbon Refrigerants is a recognised City & Guilds qualification enabling holders of this qualification to work legally and safely on refrigeration systems containing Hydrocarbon refrigerants.
Candidates enrolling on this course must hold current City & Guilds 2079/11 F-Gas Certification or industry equivalent i.e. CITB J11
Candidates will be able to understand and apply hydrocarbons, RAC System installation, testing, and servicing and maintenance techniques.
There will be a two-part assessment by way of multiple choice exam and hands-on practical assessment.
Unit 6187-21-232 Theory
This is a multi-choice paper test of 30 questions and 21 correct answers are required to pass the theory test.
Unit 6187-21-532 Practical
Some of the tasks you will be assessed on:
- Risk Assessment
- List and Wear correct PPE
- List materials/tools required to complete tasks
- Cordon off safe area to work
- Eliminate sources of ignition within the safe working area
- Ensure adequate ventilation
- Monitor area for hydrocarbon leakage
- Calculate safe fill weight for recovered hydrocarbon
- Recover hydrocarbons
- Charge hydrocarbons
- Un-braze and re-braze hydrocarbons fitting
Full training is provided and is a one day course for up to a Maximum of 4 candidates.
All costs include:
- City & Guilds enrollment & certification costs,
- All materials to complete the course.
SMALL CLASS SIZES
ACR Training only run small class sizes of up to 4 candidates to ensure that all candidates receive the attention that they require and in most cases, one to one training.
Due to this, places are limited and go quite quickly. Book your place now!